Career Resources—the online
source for Architecture job postings in the Birmingham
The following jobs are current as of posting. If you have a job you wish to be posted, please contact our office. You can also visit www.aia.org/careers_default for jobs around the country or www.aiaalabama.org/career.asp for jobs throughout Alabama.
Williams Blackstock Architects
Looking for a self-motivated, proactive, licensed architect with approximately 10 years experience. Experience with Revit, and Healthcare desirable but not a pre-requisite. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Beth Canzoneri at Williams Blackstock Architects, 2204 1st Avenue South, Suite 200, Birmingham, AL 35233
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - ARCHITECTURAL
Award winning architectural firm seeking an administrative assistant whom has experience working within an Architectural firm. Full time position, excellent benefits.
Project Description (not ALL responsibilities are listed): Operate phone systems; file; fax; scan; Proficient in Microsoft Office & Excel; Create & Update Job Data Sheets (includes researching bldg. codes, local officials, permitting process that pertain to each job); Process Submittals, Shop Drawings, RFI’s; Order Supplies (Fedex, Office Depot, Sam’s, etc.); schedule conferences; Greet all clients; Responsible for Recycling; Stock Supplies; Distribute ALL mail.
Rodney L. Sartain, Inc. 1909 Courtney Drive Birmingham, Alabama 35209 (205) 879-5458, Ext. 105 Contact: Cathryn Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthcare Architects Needed
SAS Architects is seeking intern architects or architects for the specialty practice of Healthcare Architecture. Potential candidates should have 3 to 5 years experience in healthcare and medical facility planning as well as BIM. Projects will include design/build and design-bid-build involving all aspects of healthcare related design and construction. Please send resume’ via email to email@example.com.
Fuqua & Partners Architects
Fuqua & Partners Architects has immediate positions available for architects and/or architecture graduates. Candidates with a minimum of 4 years experience are preferred, and experience in project design, project management, graphics, and documentation is highly valued. We are looking for individuals who are interested in moving to Huntsville and becoming involved in the local community to not only make a life for themselves, but to be an ambassador for the firm. If you fit the above criteria, please send a resume to Bart Bankowski via email firstname.lastname@example.org ,and visit www.fuquaarchitects.com for more information about our firm.
Chapman Sisson Architects
Chapman Sisson Architects is looking for individuals who are architecture graduates that range in experience from 1 or 2 years to someone who has been registered for up to 5 or 6 years. Project management, design expertise, and production experience is a plus. AutoCAD and / or Revit knowledge and experience is a must. Individuals who are interested in long-term employment in Huntsville are encouraged to send a resume and examples of work to Martin Sisson, AIA (email@example.com). Chapman Sisson Architects specializes in healthcare, education, aviation, commercial, and church architecture.
BIM APPLICATIONS POSITION needed by a National Construction Company for immediate permanent placement in our Birmingham, Alabama office. The successful candidate will join our BIM Services team in supporting and leading ArchiCAD applications, other Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools, legacy CADD applications, collaborative tools, and various visualization production applications. He / she will:
- Be an ArchiCAD subject matter expert with some knowledge of Revit Architecture.
- Bring a passion for projects, people, customer service and teaching to this role.
- Assist with training and contribute to training design and direction, both in the Birmingham office and other locations.
- Have a desire to continuously develop your skills in the company’s core applications.
- Be a champion in the advancement of BIM.
- Be able to supervise and mentor one or more BIM users.
- Be able to work on a variety of commercial, educational, industrial and health care projects in all phases of the design process.
- Assist with marketing efforts through BIM and related graphic imagery.
- 3 to 5 years experience minimum in a design or construction oriented environment with a minimum of an Associate degree in Architectural Technologies (BS Arch, BArch or BS Building Construction is preferred).
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and mastery of ArchiCAD including the ability to administer, install, configure, setup and customize, etc.
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills with the ability to document and prepare materials for training and orientation.
- Proven project support experience.
- In addition to being an accomplished ArchiCAD user or support resource, you will have moderate experience with 3D Studio MAX/VIZ, Mental Ray, animation, or other advanced rendering techniques.
- Knowledge of other Navisworks, Solibri and other BIM applications.
- Other non-ArchiCAD systems experience and knowledge (e.g. SketchUp, Rhino, FormZ, Revit, Triforma or Generative Components).
- Familiarity with Vico Software.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org